**I had posted this just a few months ago when the tragedy in Newtown, CT occurred. I wanted to share it again because I still see these things to be true.
In this time of immense sorrow and despair and mourning, all seems to be lost, again. In the blink of eye families, a community and a nation were shattered. Through our tears we try to make sense of a senseless act. We question all that we know to be true and right and just. But, in the midst of this tremendous pain, I dare to hope because, after much thought and prayer I have found 12 things that I know to be true.
1. Yes, there are bad people in this world but I know in my heart that most are inherently good. This tends to be highlighted in the face of adversity, when we band together to come to the aid of those that are hurting. Goodness is always there, just waiting to be released.
2. Forgiveness is necessary to heal. It can be the most difficult thing that someone can do, to forgive someone who has wronged them. But holding onto hate eats away at your spirit.
3. Tears are freeing, just like laughter, and necessary in order to move forward.
4. Prayer, falling down on our knees and lifting our hands to the heavens, allows us to be weak and vulnerable. Thus enabling God to come in and show us His amazing grace.
5. Pointing fingers and casting blame is a waste of time. Coming together makes us an impenetrable force to be reckoned with.
6. Love out loud. Make sure that you never hold it back.
7. Wanting to turn the news off and The Voice on should not make you feel guilty. It should make you feel human.
8. Sometimes a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with a good friend is the best medicine.
9. Do not live in fear because then it wins.
10. There is great love and compassion in this world, open your eyes and see it and be a part of it.
11. Good always triumphs over evil.
12. Our faith and hope and love allow us to shine brightly and, in our darkest hour when all seems lost, we will be the light that overcomes the darkness.